Free Income and Pricing Calculator

Hey, I’ve got a little present for you today!

It’s our new and HUGELY improved automated ACA Income and Pricing Calculator that you can download for free.

We’ve offered a calculator since 2006 to help folks get conscious about their numbers and figure out their hourly rate.

However, I’ve never been an advocate of billing by the hour because it’s the least accurate way to charge for the value you provide. In fact, it actually causes you to LOSE money and earn poorly.

So for the longest time I’ve wanted to completely overhaul our calculator to walk you through the process of getting clarity around your income needs and help you calculate your pricing baseline in a completely new and different way, a way that will help you actually realize your income aspirations and look at achieving them from a different angle.

I finally got around to doing just that earlier this year, but then I got stuck on a more advanced Excel formula so I put it back on the shelf until two weeks ago when a colleague came to my rescue.  Thanks to her wonderful assistance, I was finally able to finalize our new calculator so I could share it with you today. Enjoy!

PS: Please do let me know what you think!

1. Lynn says:

Danielle, I am unable to download the calculator, Paypal wants a cost amount greater than 0. Thanks for your assistance!

2. Oh, sorry, Lynn! Man, it’s always something, isn’t it? lol

Go ahead and enter 1 cent and I’ll refund you. In the meantime, I’ll check with e-Junkie and see if there’s a way around that. It shouldn’t be charging anything and I’ve used it like this before so hopefully there will be a solution shortly.

If anyone has this issue, just enter 1 cent and I’ll be sure and refund you. Sorry for the tech snafus!

3. Judy Reyes says:

Thanks Danielle, the calculator looks great from a quick view and I’ll play with it today to see how I can work with it.
    Refund of my $0.1 will be appreciated! LOL

4. Oh, I think I got it figured out… I used a buy now button instead of an add-to-cart code. Got it fixed up now. If anyone else has an issue, please do let me know and we’ll getcha all sorted out. 🙂

5. Thank you Danielle! I had no problem with the download. I look forward to using another one of your great revised products. 🙂

6. I just got the form Danielle! Thanks so much! I can’t wait to use it. Thanks so much for all you do!

7. HelenA says:

Section 5 is eye popping – just over 900 hours/yr available for billable hours, assuming 8 hr days. This is a thought provoking and excellent planning tool for startups. Extremely helpful. Thank you. HelenA.

8. Arlene says:

As usual, you’ve done it again Danielle. Given us another thought-provoking tool that will assist us set up realistic targets and goals to achieve our desired income outcome. One does tend to forget the small stuff as I’m realising as I complete my tax return which I now find is half-complete. Yes, running your own biz is not easy however this calculator sure is going to make life much much simpler for 2012! Thank you again, you ROCK!!!

9. Many thanks Danielle.
    Another very useful tool from the ACA.
    Regards
    Jacqueline

10. Selena Jones says:

Hello Danielle. I just downloaded and reviewed the pricing calculator. This is going to come in handy for me. I am in the process of re-branding my company and this tool is going to help me with calculating my new services. Thanks again for sharing.

11. Lynn says:

Thanks Danielle!

12. Dani says:

HI, am I the only person that can’t change the number of hours I work each week? I don’t work 40 and that seems to be the only field I cannot get to work out of all the editable fields. Thanks!

13. Thanks, Dani–I’m so glad you said something!

There were actually two fields that needed to be unprotected–the hours and the profit margin fields.

Got’em all fixed up now. I just had the shoppingcart resend your download link.

Anyone else who downloaded the form before 10pm US Pacific time, try your download link again to get the updated/corrected calculator. If you’ve already deleted your download email or you’ve exceeded your download attempts, shoot me an email and I’ll resend your link to you.

If you or anyone else finds any other issues, please do let me know. I appreciate all your eyeballs!

🙂

14. Dani says:

HI Danielle!

Oh good, glad we found it then. Thank you sooo much for this calculator. It is just what I needed!! It is amazing!

15. Odetta says:

Thank you so much for the income and pricing calculator. I love it! It puts a whole lot into perspective for me.

16. Talanda says:

Hi Danielle,
    I am unable to download the calculator. I have Windows 2010 and it wont convert. Please HELP!!!!

17. Hi Talanda 🙂

The calculator is in MS Excel. You will need to SAVE the document to your computer and then open it up with MS Excel. It was created in Excel 2003 which is a version or two below Excel 2010 (you can always open up lower versions with new versions, but not necessarily the other way around unless you download the patch for this). So there isn’t any reason why you shouldn’t be able to open this. But do describe exactly what steps you are doing so that we can diagnose the issue.

Anyone else have any input on what the problem might be for Talanda?

18. Jennifer Taylor says:

Hi Danielle,

Great tool, thank you so much!

I am hoping you might have some advice in regards to how to determine how many hours are included in the monthly retainer rates?

Thank you !

19. I’m not an advocate of billing by the hour. You want to price the solution, not the time.

Take a look at this quick video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70bFya_5CIk

I need to update it, but it will still help you understand why billing by the hour (what amounts to selling hours instead of your value and expertise) is so detrimental to you and how it actually prevents you from earning better.

Instead, I’d rather see you utilize value-based billing methodologies. This is something I introduced to the industry back in 2004 and I teach you how to do it with my Value-Based Pricing & Packaging Toolkit here: http://administrativeconsultantsassoc.com/success-store.html#gde39

20. Cheryl McDonough says:

Finding your “Income and Pricing Baseline” spreadsheet offers a simple method to determine your income. Danielle always goes above and beyond, making sure important information, i.e. figuring in enough monies for your taxes, is not forgotten. Very easy to use but provides essential information.

One suggestion I would make is to add a “clear all” button.

21. That is an EXCELLENT suggestion, Cheryl! I’m going to look into getting that added right away. Thanks so much for the totally smart and FAB idea. 🙂

22. Kattie Johnson says:

Amazing is an under statement, I just downloaded the “Income and Calculator” it’s an eyeopener and essential for any Admin. Consultant to have.

Kaye

23. Aw, thanks, Kaye 🙂 I’m so happy it’s helpful to you.