I always say to clients and business owners: If you want an ideal administrator, be an ideal client.
You should absolutely get the kind of quality support you deserve, but great Administrative Consultants are not going to deal with prima donnas who don’t value their AC’s contributions, don’t want to pay for the value of skilled, competent expertise, or are in any other way a negative drain on their time and energy.
The same goes in reverse… If you want ideal clients, you had better be an ideal Administrative Consultant.
What makes for an ideal Administrative Consultant? Here’s my list:
- An ideal AC has the skills she says she has.
- An ideal AC does what she says she will.
- An ideal AC is respectful of her clients’ time.
- An ideal AC follows directions and pays attention to details.
- An ideal AC asks questions and obtains clarification when needed.
- An ideal AC is an active listener.
- An ideal AC has great communication and follow-up skills and doesn’t leave clients guessing.
- An ideal AC runs her business like a business.
- An ideal AC takes pride in her work and service delivery and doesn’t do things sloppily.
- An ideal AC is consistent, committed and follows through.
- An ideal AC has excellent organizational skills.
- An ideal AC is able to maintain focus.
- An ideal AC is proactive and takes initiative.
- An ideal AC is a critical thinker.
- In the same way that she expects to be valued, an ideal AC doesn’t devalue others or expect them to work for free or below their worth.
Do you have any others to add?