There Is No Place in this World for Hatemongering Racist Terrorists

Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

What is happening in our country right now is something we cannot sit idly by and watch happen. Those who are silent are complicit. I want everyone to know where I stand on this issue.

Nazis and the virulent hate and racism they spread are not welcome in our country (or in my group).

There is no place for you here, and regardless of the dimwit and his equally nitwitted, racist cohorts we have in office right now, we will stand united against you.

Our predecessors did not give their lives fighting Hitler and white racism for this to be tolerated in any way, shape or form now.

Please take a moment to read this article over on Lifehacker from Lauren O’Neal of Activism for Non-Activists. If you want to take action and be part of the solution, but are at a loss as to what to do, it has some very good ideas:

Six Things You Can Do in the Wake of the White Supremacist Attacks in Charlottesville

ADDENDUM 8/16:

It’s been very heartening to hear from people who feel the same since I posted this originally on my Facebook business page.

It’s hard to know what to do in these situations. We catch SO much flak from people if we get the least bit “political” or controversial or take a stand on important matters. (Although, to be clear, I don’t consider this political whatsoever. This is about fundamental right and wrong and I will ALWAYS stand and speak for what is good and right and loving in this world.)

People at large want to keep you vanilla. And they can be vicious in their attacks against you when you say something that is contrary to what they believe. It takes a lot of strength to go against that and do and say and stand for what you believe anyway in the face of that. I’m also dealing with a sick and aging parent that zaps all my energy these days. There’s not much left to help brace me against the vicious hyenas I often have to deal with. But this is too important. I can’t in good conscience NOT say anything.

It’s time for all of us to take a stand and declare what side of history we’re on and to SPEAK AGAINST and CONDEMN the despicable, ugly actions and hatred being perpetrated by white supremacists. We cannot let history repeat itself or allow this country to go backwards.

This is OUR country, all of us of every color and creed. We cannot allow racist hatemongers to destroy it.

#RESIST

12 Comments Posted in A Little Kick in the Butt, Personal Musings. Bookmark the permalink.

1. Anne Camien says:

Outstanding article!

2. S. says:

I’m in tears reading this right now. As a woman of color, this is everything! Thank you for taking a stand where so many people choose to sit and bring up other, unrelated, diverting issues that take away the sharp piercing dart of what really is going on. I never comment on posts or blogs or reply at all, but your heartfelt cry for racism to end in America made me change my mind about staying quiet and not replying. I started to just go on to check the rest of the emails in my box with a motivated feeling of love and support “But this is too important. I can’t in good conscience NOT say anything.” I hope you haven’t had much of negative reviews from sharing your views, but I’m so grateful that you did. America needs more people like you! Thank you!

3. If you are going to condemn one side, you need to do the same with the other side. They are just as much at fault. I loved your work and respected your opinion, but sorry, no more.

4. Kate Lentz says:

Unsubscribed

5. Terri Davis says:

Unsubscribed

6. Jo Eccleston says:

Unsubscribed

7. Taunya Miles says:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hats off to a woman/human being who has the boldness to speak the truth. God bless, keep and strengthen you!

8. Aw, thanks, Taunya. 🙂

It’s just my duty as a human being. I’m not going to sit passively and watch that crap happen without condemning it and doing whatever I can to oppose it. We’re in this together.

9. cj Madigan says:

Thank you, Danielle. I agree; there’s nothing political about disavowing Nazis, KKK members, white supremacists/separatists/nationalists, etc. It’s simply the decent, human thing to do.

10. Here’s another important article with a list of ways you can get involved and contribute:

Charlottesville: Words Matter